Sharp and Strong Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.sharpandstrong.co.uk and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing or clicking on the link.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
- your name
- your address
- your e-mail address
- your phone number.
The above information will of arising from you filling in forms on our site www.sharpandstrong.co.uk (our site) and this will be via corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information
- including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,
- browser type and version,
- time zone setting,
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform
When someone is using a computer to browse a website, a personalised cookie file can be sent from the website’s server to the person’s computer. The cookie is stored in the web browser on the person’s computer. At some time in the future, the person may browse that website again. The website can send a message to the person’s browser, asking if a cookie from the website is already stored in the browser. If a cookie is found, then the data that was stored in the cookie before can be used by the website to tell the website about the person’s previous activity.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to administer your requirements;
- for the provision of services requested;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- in-house research and statistical analysis;
- to communicate with you about our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To validate your details and qualify your ability purchase
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Disclosure of your information
Provided always that you have provided the necessary consent(s), we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sharp and Strong Ltd our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The information we stored on a variety of locations such as: –
- Infusionsoft database
- Dropbox storage on line
- Business laptops
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
We will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Sharp and Strong Ltd
22 Beech Close
If you believe we have breached GDPR regulations in using or sharing your personal information please do contact the IOC.